Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Salt Mine PART II

Darn it if I didn't get home from work today and still not have heard back from Dr. Picozzi's office (Judy specifically~the chemo scheduler).  I know she gets off at 4:30 so I called at 4:15 and left her another voicemail.  Well, by 5 I knew I was not going to make any headway securing my first chemo today.  As MamaLou would say, "they just licked the red right off my sucker".  That's kind of a redneck way of saying they took the wind out of my sails.  LOL  You just can't help but laugh at all my parents funnies.  Well, tears set in so I called my Dad and explained that I just felt like maybe his office is too busy to treat me on this journey if he didn't even have time to put any notes in my file or any work orders in for chemo or whatever oncologists do to get this ball rolling???  I honestly can't think of anything worse than this waiting game.  When God was giving out patience, he obviously ran out when he got to me and my family.........Needless to say, I'm calling Dr. Picozzi first thing in the morning and leaving a message for him to call me ASAP.  If I have not heard from him, or Judy by 10am, my parents will be down there at the hospital and they'll have two rednecks in their lobby saying, "HEY, YOU MADE OUR DAUGHTER CRY!"  I feel so much better knowing either way, by my phone call or their personal appearance, we'll have an explanation why we're ready to take off and they haven't even layed the track yet.  Chemo! Ready or Not, here I come!! LOL  I'm tired and am worried this big knot above my belly button won't go away.  I keep rubbing it as though it's going to bring me good fortune. LOL  Tara, does it ever go away and if so how long does it take?
At Valerie's request, I sent an email out to my entire database today and that started a new string of support and prayers.  I'm so grateful to have met the most amazing people along this thing we call life.  I believe not only in the power of prayer, but that every miracle started out as prayers. Val's asked me to start a fan page or group on facebook so she can post SOS calls and things about fundraisers and get togethers.........think I should do a fan page or group?  I'm not sure what the difference is between the two.  LOL  I'll sleep on it and am sure I will have made an executive decision by morning.  I have to do a very big THANK YOU to my dear Alice in the office.  She's been so supportive since she got my news and even brought me a bouquet of flowers that I have sitting on my desk......they are so bright and cheery (not cherry, that's what I almost typed) Obviously, I need to go to bed.  NIGHT NIGHT and you know, you can sleep with passion too! ~DJ

1 comment:

  1. Dawn,

    I read your posts every day and send a prayer when I'm finished. I suspect I'm not the only one silently walking with you. Can't wait to see you at the reunion:)
    liz Bailey

    ReplyDelete