Saturday, May 7, 2011

the day after

Yesterday seemed to be one of the longest days of my life.  Anyone that knows me knows I don't have a patient bone in my body.  That phone call from the referred surgeon just could not come quick enough...in fact, it didn't come at all. Now I know I have the weekend ahead of me with no news and no plan.  It's OK though!!  I also never heard back any answers to the questions I emailed my Dr.  I must have checked my phone for emails every 5 minutes yesterday ~ it was insane!!
On a positive note, last night was the first night in about 3 weeks that I didn't have ANY pain!!  I have made the decision to be positive and optimistic about this new journey we're on.  I say we, because you all know I don't do anything alone. LOL  Well, OK maybe a couple things, but you know what I mean.
Tim and I celebrated this new beginning with margaritas and Mexican food (my favorite).  To date, I think that is the most important toast in my life.
God has put me on this journey for a reason and I believe its to bring new people and new possibilities into my life to make it better.  I know he's given me all the power within as well as the most amazing family and group of friends who will help me every step of the way.  I'm blessed beyond words.  I wish everyone had as much love in their life as me, then everyone would be happy and we'd all get along.  Hmm, guess that's another blog all of it's own. LOL
Tim bought be some good vitamins that I have to take twice a day, and trust me, he'll make sure that I do, and he also has me back on my Popeye juice (veges juice through our Jack Juicer) so I'm going to take better care of myself as I just know there's a SKINNY Dawn at this end of this journey!
Telling Ryan was hard, although his gut had already told him something was wrong so the news didn't completely surprise him.  I worry about him which is why he and Tanner are my two biggest reasons to fight harder for this than I ever have in my life.....I am their rock.  Thank you for all your prayers!!  I appreciate them as do all my friends and family!! LIVE WITH PASSION!
DJ

1 comment:

  1. Hello, dearest Dawn!

    Our love and prayers are with you on this journey, every day and always. Here is one prayer that I thought might offer you a measure of comfort in the days ahead:

    A PRAYER FOR HEALING

    God, hear my prayer,
    And let my cry come to You.
    Do not hide from me in the day of my distress
    Turn to me and speedily answer my prayer.
    Eternal God, Source of healing,
    Out of my distress I call upon You.
    Help me sense Your presence
    At this difficult time.
    Grant me patience when the hours are heavy;
    In hurt or disappointment give me courage.
    Keep me trustful in Your love.
    Give me strength for today, and hope for tomorrow.
    To your loving hands I commit my spirit
    When asleep and when awake. You are with me; I shall not fear.
    Amen.

    Please know that our hearts are with you! Let us know ANY TIME if we can help out in ANY WAY!

    Our love always,
    Linda and family

    ReplyDelete