Friday, May 6, 2011

Day One...

It was less than an hour after my catscan when my Dr. called me to share the results of my test on Cinco De Mayo.  I was stunned to receive a phone call so quickly after the test???  I had only been home about 10 minutes when I got the call.  He mentioned it was not good news and I have to be honest...I didn't hear much after pancreas adenocarcenoma..........
I immediately called my Dad and shared the gloomy news and I think I remained in shock for several hours and worried about how to tell Tim as well as my two sons.  Second phone call was to my best friend Carmen who has already held my hand to hell and back a few times.  She has been my anchor since my Mother died in 1999, and my best friend since 1991 (I met her at my 10 year high school reunion).
How do you tell your children you're up against the fight of your life FOR your life??  There will never be a right time or the right words..................Tanner leaves for vacation next week so I'll wait until he returns so I don't spoil his vacation.  Ryan I'll call tonight (not looking forward to it).
For now..........I'm impatiently waiting for a call from the referred surgeon to schedule surgery (biopsy on my pancreas) so we can learn exactly what this journey ahead has in store for us!
I don't know who will follow this blog, if anyone, but this is the most emotional journey I've incurred and I'm a writer by nature so need to put this journey into words one moment at a time and this is the best way I can think of to do that. LIFE WITH PASSION!

6 comments:

  1. I love you, and we are fighting this with you. Positive thinking and prayers are coming full force! We love you Auntie!
    Jesi, Kyle and Blake

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will follow and I think this is the best way for you to share what you are going through. I can't imagine right now what is going on in your heart and mind but I can expect you are heartbroken to have to tell your kids and going crazy trying to comprehend how you will cope. Your a strong lady so fight it with all your might!
    I have had a cyst on my pancreas for 2 years now that I have to keep getting checked so I can somewhat understand how scary this is. It was a fluke thing when they found it you may say it was divine intervention in some way.
    Throwing love and prayers your way.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn - we love you and are here to support you in any way that we can. You are one of the most amazing and empowered women that i have ever known. I have every faith in you, that you will beat this. We are praying for your fight and recovery. I love you!! -Shelley & Shain Xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tut, trying to setup to comment
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. If you need anything at all...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Check out crazysexycancer.com.

    Luv you,

    Sonja

    ReplyDelete