Monday, May 16, 2011

Rough Start to the week....

I didn't get any sleep last night as I just couldn't get comfortable with the pain once it set in.  Also noticed it's changing and more sharper now that it's ever been.  I just have not got my get up and go today at all. Going to avoid dinner tonight to give my pancreas a break and see if that helps, and hit the sack early so maybe I can catch up on sleep and get some rest for a change.
Called Virginia Mason to let them know about the change in my symptoms and spent quite a bit of time with the nurse on the phone.  She suggested being more proactive with the pain medication and sticking to a very bland nonfat diet and more importantly, drinking A LOT OF WATER which I haven't been doing lately.  She's consulting with the Dr. that did my endoscopy on Friday and is going to call me back and let me know how to proceed.  I told her I thought a lot of this is from physical and emotional anxiety and she explained my body is going through a really difficult time right now, and of course I'm feeling emotional and drained.  It's nice to know this is normal, even though it's not normal for me. LOL 
Off to a listing appointment at 3 in Federal Way!!
LIVE WITH PASSION
DJ

5 comments:

  1. Dawn:

    Be sure to ask your nurse about prescription for anxiety. Chances are you should be increasing the dosage as you are experiencing such a higher level of stress. Take care of yourself; we love you!

    Linda and family

    Heal me, O Lord and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved; for thou art my praise.

    Jeremiah 17:14

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mondays suck arse as it is..let alone Mondays and pancreatic cancer. It's important you cut yourself some slack and allow some moments of "not being able to get your get up and go". Oh, btw--writing a blog And going off to a 3pm listing constitutes get up and go in my book. You are a rock star. Xoxo Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn -
    Please ask your nurse for anxiety meds. I take them and Robert calls them my "crazy pills". When I start to have anxiety and clean my house Robert says...."Isn't it time for a v-pill". What he is really saying is lady take a valium! Life always sucks on Mondays but tomorrow the sun is suppose to shine so it should be a happier non-gray day. Love you girl. Keep your smile shining!
    xoxoxoxoPamela

    ReplyDelete
  4. DJ - Pop 2 Vicodin and eat a whack of mashed potatoes. They'll settle your tummy. Love & admire you. You're in my prayers. Tara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you hurt:( anxiety pills help emensley (sp)been there they are greeaaaaat! Helps you relax so you can rest!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete