Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Thinking out loud...

This morning, shortly after posting on my blog I had a set back.  After brushing my teeth, I went to lay back down in bed and had some sharp attack under my right rib cage that was cutting off my ability to breathe.  I was gasping for air and trying to call out for Tim at the same time.  Finally, I called my Dad and MamaLou answered and they came right over.  After about 20 minutes of this attack things settled down, but I've been off all day long.  Unusually stronger pain on my right side and into my shoulder blade.  We did call the Dr. and spoke with one of his assistants and they welcomed me into to run some exrays to look for blood clots, but I declined assuming it was a one time muscle spasm of some sort.  They have called me twice today to check on me which has been great.  Today's pain is worse than yesterday, imagine if you did 10,000 sit ups last night how you would feel this morning......well, that's the best way to describe my pain right now, just not mobile and comfortable.  My parents cleaned the house so that was incredibly thoughtful!!
I also had my best friend from Jr. High (Angela) stop by whom I've not seen in many many years.  She brought me a hydrangea which I plan to plant in a pot so I can keep it with me always to remember this moment (and some sugar free hard candy which I know will come in handy).  I can't even begin to explain how deeply touched I am by some of the emails, posts, and cards.......especially from those friends from my childhood!  I'm telling you, you never realize how much love there is surrounding your life until a tragedy such as this comes into play. I realize the only way I can get though this chemo and radiation is through seeing myself through your eyes.  I don't know where the strength is going to come from to overcome being sick for so long.  I think I'll keep a picture of Ryan and Tanner in my bathroom. LOL 
Tara, I'm looking forward to Girls Chemo Day!  I'm guessing that's what you have plotting in that mind of yours. LOL  M'Lee your facebook message moved me to tears, and Linda your quote was so beautiful!  Thank you just does not seem like big enough words to express my gratitude.  Jim, you are always making me smile too.  I really loved the "I have cancer but cancer doesn't have me".  I might even make that into a plaque. LOL Pamela, thank you so much for calling and checking on Tim last night!!  Your call moved him to tears!!   I even got a card in the mail from some friends of my brother's in Alabama I've never met!  THANK YOU! Now, tell me I don't have the most amazing dentist in the world!  homhttp://www.radiantfamilydental.com/ Dr. Dan and his office are the best, if you need a dentist you MUST go there!  I got a bouquet of flowers from him and his staff today!!  Thank you Dr. Dan and you too Janice (one of my angels).  You are all angels! LIVE WITH PASSION! ~DJ

1 comment:

  1. It's awesome to hear how much support you have...and it's only because of all the gracious things you say and do for all of them:)
    Hope the pain finds the door soon!!!!
    Kim
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete