Saturday, May 28, 2011

A fun day ahead!...

I'm excited for today because it starts out getting eye lashes, lash day is always fun because I get to see my girl Frannie @ MeMeandCompany!  Then having coffee with my peep LeAnn and hopefully can take a cruise through that wig shop in Federal Way and get a feel for what's out there and how much they cost.  Then popping over to see Chris & Cheryl, then Val and home to relax for the evening.  Bill and Jackie are bringing me dinner while Tim's at the game with my Dad.  Not sure I'll make it through all that since my pain tends to set in around 3ish but that's my plan!  Also going to swing by and fill the flyer box on my listing in Browns Point www.DawnJump.com/191105 which hopefully will have a buyer SOON! I ordered a bunch of information and stuff from that http://www.pancan.org/ including 100 purple wristbands!!  LOL  They should be in next week so if you want one, we can hook up or if I need to mail you one, just shoot me your address at Tuttles2@hotmail.com Valerie is up and running on the Brown Bear car wash tickets already (they are $5 each) which is half the price if you just go in there so please email ValerieACarey@msn.com and let her know if you'd like to order any and/or help her sell some.  She also has a donation account set up at Keybank so you can go into ANY keybank and make a donation payable to Dawn Jump Donation Account.  She is managing that account for me. THANK YOU VAL!  I did get confirmation from Dr. Byrne yesterday that he put in the request with Group Health for my oncology care to be referred out to Dr. Picozzi at Virginia Mason and he put a rush on it, so hoping that is all processed by Tuesday so I can secure my first treatment on Thursday. I couldn't get a treatment any sooner anyway, because you can't have chemo until after a week from surgery.  Good thing so I can mentally prepare for it.  I'm sure my Dad will take me to every appointment, and Tim will probably come later after he's done with work but as soon as I have my time slots secured, you are welcome to pop by for a visit if you like (warning though you will probably have to pay for parking).  I can only have one person in the room with me at a time though so if too many of you want to come, I'll make a sign up time sheet like I do for work LOL  I am so grateful that so many of you want to wear the purple wristband for me!  It's such a huge blessing to be so loved.  You all have been wonderful and thank you so much for your love and support! ENJOY your Saturday and let's hope for a sunny afternoon! LIVE WITH PASSION! ~DJ
Meet my Oncologist, Dr. Picozzi

Specialties
Hematology/Oncology, Medical Oncology, Cancer, Gastrointestinal Cancer, Pancreatic & Biliary Tract Disease
Clinic, Maps and Directions
Virginia Mason Seattle Main Campus
Education
MD, Stanford University School of Medicine, Calif., 1978; MS, Health Administration, Tulane University, New Orleans, 1999
Residency
Internal Medicine, Harvard University, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, 1981
Internship
Internal Medicine, Harvard University, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, 1979
Fellowships
Hematology, Stanford University, Calif., 1984; Oncology, Stanford University, Calif., 1984
Board Certifications
American Board of Internal Medicine, Subspecialty in Hematology, Subspecialty in Medical Oncology
Professional Activities and Awards
President-elect, Washington State Medical Oncology Society; Member, Clinical Practice Committee for the American Society of Hematology; Former Faculty, Stanford Medical School; Former Section Head, Hematology and Oncology at Virginia Mason
Voted one of Seattle's Top Doctors by Seattle Met in 2009 and by Seattle magazine in 2009 and 2010.
Special Interest(s)
Pancreatic Cancer, gastrointestinal cancer (pancreaticobiliary), genitourinary cancer, hematologic oncology (lymphomas), myelodysplasia
Joined VM
1985
On Patients
"Patient care requires the utmost in both scientific expertise and humanistic understanding."
On Specialty
"I think of no greater way to serve humanity than to assist in the care of a cancer patient."
On Virginia Mason
"At Virginia Mason, patient care is regarded as our most important activity."

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a full day...have fun!!!
    :)
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. He sounds like a good doctor. My Oncologist is Dr Elizabeth Loggers at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance. I am amazed at the doctors that deal with Cancer everyday. She is great. I think it takes alot of compassion and dedication to be an Oncologist. Glad things are going well. You are in my prayers.
    Jolene

    ReplyDelete