Friday, May 27, 2011

Happy Friday Everyone!

Before I get rolling on this one, I want to wish you all a really wonderful 3-day weekend!  We don't have much on our agenda since I'm still healing from surgery.  Tim has tickets to the Mariner/Yankee game on Saturday night but I don't think I'm feeling up to sitting up that long so he's taking my Dad.  I think it will be neat for my Dad to see how we do baseball here in Seattle and enjoy that beautiful stadium of ours (praying for some sunshine!).  My dear parents are so cold up here (it's in the 90s down south already) LOL
Some of you have asked for our address (15628 158th AVE SE Renton, WA  98058) is our new home, which I just LOVE!!  Honestly, I don't think the timing of this move could have been any better.  I remember having to break away in the middle of the move to go get an ultra sound LOL
You know, another good news I forgot to mention is Dr. Picozzi has taken me off the Dukan diet.  He insists that I need my weight on to endure chemotherapy.  He likes his patients full figured LOL  He's funny, so we're off Dukan and now going to maintain a low fat (the pancreas hates fat so he wants to me avoid fatty foods) and will stay on a high protein diet though and NO alcohol at all but I'm not a big drinker so will be fine with that. 
I've been thinking about your hair comment and I think that's the right thing to do so I'll consult with Mandy at MeMeandCompany.com and let her give me a new short hair style and she can donate the hair to a charity.  If any of you see some cute haircuts email them to me "tuttles2@hotmail.com Most of you know what a hair addict I am so this won't be easy, but I think it will bring me peace in helping someone else along this journey.  Maybe Mandy can even do an event at the salon and others can come in and donate their long hair too.  I will look into that!!  THANK YOU FOR THE IDEA!!  You all are so wonderful, I am the luckiest gal in the world.  I even got this amazing text from my boss, Don last night "We all love and admire you" at the end of it.  It just makes you want to work harder and help the agents even more when you have people like that supporting you.  Our office is AMAZING!  It really is a privilege to be a part of West Seattle Prudential Northwest Realty.  I'm looking forward to getting back to work on Tuesday and preparing for our big summer festival in July and building up  my inventory of houses for a long hot summer and a record breaking year for me!!  I will let you all know when the purple bracelets get here and you can either stop by and get one, or I can mail you one (whichever is easier for you) and I appreciate you wearing this on my behalf.  In fact, I think I will even mail one to all my past clients and share my blog with them too!  Did you know pancreas cancer is the #4 killer??  I think it's an understatement to say I'm going to learn a lot on this journey, and I hope all of you will too.  I already feel it rekindling past friendships so I'm focusing on all the good that is coming out of this journey.  God put me here for a reason and I know it's a positive one!!  I'm so excited for my 30 year high school reunion so I can hug all these incredible peeps from my past.  I can only have one person in my chemo room with me at a time, and I although I can't imagine anyone wanting to sit around a hospital in a room like that for 4 hours, my Dad will be there and I think if any of you want to stop by if your downtown at that time, he could have a break and we could visit and help pass the time.  Val is even looking into raising miles where people can donate miles so I can fly my sons up here more often and when my parents have to fly back to Alabama and check on their home there they can use the miles.  She's already rolling on the Brown Bear car wash tickets fundraiser too.  I'm so lucky to have the most amazing friends!  ENJOY your weekend and thank you for reading and commenting!! xoxoxox LIVE WITH PASSION!~DJ aka the Cancer Diva LOL

5 comments:

  1. OK, regarding the hair: The idea I had was for the girls to conduct a hair style / photo shoot night where we each cut your hair into a different style/length and take photos of you. The last person will help you shave it. Kim's idea was great too. I've done both with two friends going through chemo and it helps the spirit a little to be with your girls during it. What ever you decide, you know you have a posse behind you. Sounds like your doctor is wonderful. Big hugs your way, Missy! Love ya, Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally think you should not be the one purchasing the purple bracelets and giving them away. They could be purchased and your loyal supporters could donate to help raise money for all the things you need. I know I woud be happy ro wear them up my arm if it would help you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning, Dawn!

    Keep up that positive spirit! The followers of your "Journey" grow by the day--and the strength in numbers adds strength to all of the prayers sent out for your healing! Your battle has been won before, despite how aggressive this cancer can be--and your doctor sounds phenomenal! You are in the hands of a caring and competent physician! Please know every day that our hearts are with you!

    Our love and prayers,
    Linda and Kevin XXOO

    "Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without words . . . and never stops at all."
    --Emily Dickinson

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy you decided to donate...I think the shock of cutting it first will prepare you to lose it gradually and you will make another person so grateful:)
    I agree you shouldn't be the one purchasing these bracelets someone else should and sell them for donations. Glad to hear you don't have to battle weight loss and cancer at the same time and your right you will lose doing chemo anyhow.
    Your parents sound so great and supportive.
    Thank you for address and hope to see you soon!
    Kim
    ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dawn -
    Hope you are having a relaxing three day holiday and mending after surgery. You know short hair is sexy on females. You will wear it proudly knowing that your locks were donated and put to good use. Keep your spirit high and reach for success.
    Love you! Pamela XOXO

    ReplyDelete