Thursday, May 26, 2011

We need your help

One of my dearest friends, Valerie is trying to set up a fundraiser for me(selling $5 Brown Bear carwash tickets) and is trying to find a co-sponsor so she can use their 501C3 tax number.  Unfortunately, Prudential doesn't have one, so if you have a charity or church you are associated with and can help her, we would appreciate it.  You can contact her directly if you'd like to help her at ValerieACarey@msn.com My biggest fear is not losing the battle with cancer, it's losing my job and not being able to work for an extended period of time due to the chemo and Whipple surgery.  Val (bless her heart) is trying to ease that burden so I can pay the medical bills and living expenses and not have to worry about the financial impact this is going to have on Tim and I. She's even come up with a great charity name "Cancer Diva" LOL I know this is a lot to ask, and no worries if you don't have the connection.  I just thought someone out there might have what she needs since I don't.  My oncology appointment is at 4PM today so will write what we find out later tonight!  LIVE WITH PASSION! ~DJ

2 comments:

  1. would love to have your address so I can send cards. Once you get the fundraiser set up let me know. I would love to donate. Love and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were trying to get one when we started our own non-profit but when Trout Unlimited swooped us up we never got one. I'm not in tight enough with them to get it or use it...I'm just a laborer now. We can always wash cars to raise the money I'm game for that!
    Good luck with the appointment hope to hear good news!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete