Wednesday, June 1, 2011

29 Days...

29 days from diagnosis to day 1 of treatment!  I am thrilled to have made some progress this morning (without my parents having to march down there and raise the roof) LOL so I have my first chemo scheduled for this Friday.  We'll have an hour of training, then they'll let me have my private room, draw blood and wait for the results, and then my chemo should start at about 1:20pm.  YEA!  I can't get over how excited I am to get going on this.  This just might be a Kodak moment!  LOL  I already know my first question for the nurse training me, "Is there going to be a test on this?"
Shari my counterpart at work brought me a big bunch of purple bearded Iris's from her garden, they are just stunning!! and almost as tall as me. LOL
I came home from work today to a couple surprises (no, the purple wristbands are not here yet) but my girlfriend Terrie sent me a beautiful pair of Crystal hoop earrings from her line of jewelry www.touchstonecrystal.com/terrieowens and we're planning a BLINGY fundraiser and girls night at Val's house in July!! How fun!!  I have not seen Terrie, well............in at least 25 lbs ago.  LOL Amanda's (Tanner's girlfriend) Mom, Jolene sent me a beautiful little Willow angel that I now have sitting on our mantle.  She sits among the cards and I can't help but fill up with joy when I am reminded of so much support and love.  I have got to be the luckiest cancer diva on the planet!  BTW, I created a special group on facebook (Cancer Diva) so if you would like to be in the group, just contact me on facebook or you can probably join yourself, I didn't put any restrictions on it.
Valerie has ordered a TON of Brown Bear car wash tickets too so please email her ValerieACarey@msn.com if you'd like to buy some (they are $5 each) otherwise she'll have two to three lifetime supplies of car washes for herself. LOL or her family won't have to wonder what they're each getting for Christmas. LOL
I feel good today both emotionally and physically.....other than some new tooth pain that surfaced a couple days ago.  I just can't catch a medical break to save my life.  LOL
If I could tell you one thing you should do right now that I have really learned in the past 27 days, it's this:
DON'T WAIT!  Open up your heart and world right now to all the friends and family you have.  It's just too easy to get distracted by life and focus on careers, finances, possessions, etc and lose sight of the fact that by being so busy, you are shutting people out.  Don't have any of your friends and family at arms length.  Pull them in now and you will be sooooooo much happier and your summer will probably be one of the best ones you've ever had.......I dare you right now to pick up the phone and call someone, a friend that you consider close yet have probably not seen in months.  Why wait for a traumatic event to make them a priority, make the call and make plans to get together SOON.  and then REPEAT!  I love you!!  LIVE WITH PASSION ~ DJ

3 comments:

  1. Happy to hear things are going to happen without delay:) Be strong!!!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ill will be thinking of you. Bon courage.
    Love aunt dale

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay strong and keep positive. We are all anxiously awaiting the arrival of your bracelets. Keep smiling and we love you!
    Pamela xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete