Monday, June 20, 2011

Who wants a Bloody Date with Dawn?

Ever have one of those nights where you just have the most vivid dreams that are so detailed you swear they were real?  Well, that was what my night was filled with. LOL It had Rascal in it (my last dog), my juicy watch, college, and a portfolio that I keep my things in.........................just some really weird random things. LOL 
I'm so blessed to have had such a wonderful Father's Day WITH my Dad.  Loved his post this morning!  We are just like two peas in a pod.  LOL  Food was good, the company was even better! At this time, we're not sure he'll be available to take me to my chemo date on Thursday morning so my dear friend Sandy is my Plan B.   
I've been thinking..................and with that comes growing.  Internally.  By that I mean, emotionally and spiritually.  I'm not going to get into my spiritually on here, as most of you know my faith is between God and I and it's not a topic I discuss.  However, WOW am I growing!!!!  When I think about all the good that is wrapped around my tiny little world it is really overwhelming.  Close your eyes for a minute.  Think about you, the person you have become, the child, the sibling, the parent, the friend, the partner........think about all that you are to others.  Imagine then that it was YOU that was diagnosed with such a deadly disease.........that is was YOU that was now in financial distress, in physical collapse, and so on..................then imagine someone you had never met put money into an account to help you pay a bill.  Now think about THAT level of goodness, and multiply that.  THAT is what you are capable of becoming.  I have concluded that NONE of us have reached our full potential, it takes hundreds and hundreds of people and contacts to help us grow.  OK, you can open your eyes now........LOL  Guess you had to read this but my point was to get you to feel and not read.  LOL  So can you see now how important it is to take care of yourself, if not for you, for the people around you.  Be your best so you can give your best................maybe if we all gave a little more, give when it's hard and when it hurts, and that's when the growing takes place.  We all naturally do what comes easy, but we don't do the hard stuff.  I am so deeply touched by the amount of support, not only from my family and friends, but from strangers..............people that give for the joy of giving.  THAT is a miracle!  We are surrounded by miracles every day and we take them for granted, I know I have but I'm hoping now I can be someone else's miracle.  I know I can give more.................and so am asking for your help with this.

I can no longer donate blood.  It breaks my heart and its been one of the nicest joys I get to feel every couple months.  Now I have to be cancer free for one year before I can donate again, so I am hoping to find some replacement donors.  It is more than likely that I will need a blood transfusion(s) before I'm done with this journey.  I need you so save MY life and help me save others!  If you already donate blood, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm reaching out to those that don't out of fear, inconvenience, time, etc. There are too many excuses for me to list.  I would like to have a blood date with you.  Call me, and I will buy you lunch and take you to donate.  I'll hold your hand the entire time!  Tanner, I am expecting you to step up here and help your mother! LOL  If I can't get my own son to donate, how am I ever going to get others????????????  I typically donate in Federal Way at Cascade Regional Blood Center, they know me there and I KNOW they will take wonderful care of you, as will I.  Would be fun to have a few girlfriends and make this a girly donation! LOL

On that note, let's see how many bloody dates I can get on my calendar!!!
LIVE WITH PASSION! ~ DJ

3 comments:

  1. Yeesh I've never done it before but for you.... okay I will - Love, Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very moving and powerful blog DJ. Takes me back 18 years ago with all the same thoughts and feelings that you are now experiencing. You are so right that we all tend to go about our lives and how we take things for granted without even knowing that we do. The miracle of prayer is so very powerful. Miracles do happen as I know all too well things could have been way different for me and my family. I also think that is why i got involved with relay and how I ended up working at Cascade Regional Blood Services. As I had to have several blood transfussions myself and now I truly can give back to my community and to those who saved my life.

    Thank you being such a faithful donor and supporter to CRBS. Everyone is also invited to donate at the FW Relay for LIfe this Friday night from 5-9m at saghalie park in show of support to you as well.

    You are such an inspiration to those around you. Thank you for all that you do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DJ, what's your blood type? As you know, I'm already a regular donor, but it would be nice to know if we match in case you need a direct donation.
    Alice

    ReplyDelete