Friday, June 3, 2011

I'm too sexy for my pancreas....

LOL, I started singing that song, "I'm too sexy for my...." last night when we came out of the grocery store.  I'm not so sure Tim thought it was as funny as I did.  What made me think of it?  Funny you should ask...
I couldn't help but notice the abundance of pink ribbons and pink products on the shelves all increasing the awareness and supporting breast cancer.  I'm not saying that's a bad thing!  I just couldn't help but wonder why all the pink and no purple?  What's wrong with pancreas cancer, why can't it get more attention? and then it hit me.  IT'S NOT SEXY!  Breasts are sexy, girls think they're sexy, guys think they're sexy so of course nobody wants them to be sick.  LOL  Geez, when I was told I had pancreas cancer I didn't even know what the pancreas did!  I actually had to google it.  LOL  We women are are a powerful breed (OK, gender, whatever) and when we wrap our arms around a concept, WE WRAP OUR ARMS AROUND A CONCEPT, hence you can't go hardly anywhere and NOT see a pink ribbon.  Well, someday when I grow up, there will be purple ribbons too!  LOL  Probably not, because it's not sexy.  The pancreas is just an ugly pesky organ, no matter how you slice it and dice it.  HOWEVER, I want mine healthy and to me, it's sexy now!  LOL  So you see, I'm too sexy for my pancreas!
TODAY IS MY FIRST CHEMO COCKTAIL, my happy hour will begin shortly after 1PM. I'm a rookie in training so have some learnin' to do first.  I'm excited, got my Dad by my side, and Lou made us lunch and some snacks.  I need to find out what I can bring into the room.........I think I need to find a "happy" paining or print of some kind because those rooms are pathetically drabby!  I think that will be my first order of business once I beat this thing to see if I can find someone to donate their time and talent to maybe paint a mural in each room.  There is no need for them to be so drabby!  They should be homey with a touch of whimsical to make you smile!  I know, I'm crazy, if I really had my way they'd have bling in there too!  LOL  At a minimum, I think they should have a motivation phrase written on a wall in each room, something that makes you ponder and uplifts you.  A different one in each room!  How hard could that be to do?? 
I tell you what I think is creepy, seeing other patients in the waiting area that you know also have cancer (why else would you be in the in the chemo area?).  For some reason, I see them all as very sick and I feel bad for them, but I don't see me like I see them.........weird huh?  Wonder if that will change as I progress on this journey??
Well, I better jump in my sexy shower and get ready for my date with Dad and my first chemo happy hour!  I'll ask for mine shaken, not stirred LOL  LOL  LIVE WITH PASSION ~ DJ

2 comments:

  1. Your positive attitude is very inspiring. You almost make chemo sound like fun! Well, almost. Enjoy your day! -Don

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since purple is your favorite color (isn't it?) I keep wondering what would have happened if pink had been your favorite color instead?

    Love your idea about jazzing up the room! I totally agree there is no reason for it to be drab.

    Did you catch your Freudian slip where you typed "paining" instead of "painting"?

    Waiting to hear that you sailed through Chemo with no ill affects :)

    ReplyDelete