Saturday, June 25, 2011

Quick Update...

I am out of my usually communication loop since my phone went down on me yesterday morning.  However, I am doing well.  We struggled a bit on Thursday with chemo trying to find a vein but all in all, everything went as well as it could.  I have horrible scars and bruising right now.
Unfortunately, Dr. can not get me scheduled for surgery to install my port before my next chemo so I have one more arm duty to do on the left side..............UGH!  That's the one I got burned and scarred for life on LOL  Am going to try and get my surgery approved and whip that out on July 1st.  That's the earliest availability.  Oh, good times ahead. LOL
I am in the office all this weekend holding the fort down as manager on duty.  So far so good.  Sylena came in with me to work on my big mailing that has to get out PRONTO.  Nice having a helper! LOL
With my phone out of commission for a few more days, best way to reach me is my hotmail account or facebook.  Even when my new phone arrives, I still have to learn how to use it, the EVO 4G slider.  UGH, dreading this whole touch screen technology.
Now my big decision is do I have Sharon Fox tattoo my eyebrows on for me and risk infection or not???????  I already broke the manicure rule and may pay the price as the guy cut me twice on both my pinky's so I have to try and heal them before infection sets in.  UGH.  The Dr. said if I do the tattoo, I have a one day opportunity to do so, July 13th is the day my blood count will be the highest, so it's then or never LOL  Decisions decisions............Dr. Fox??  What would you do??
My hair is really thinning quickly and the wig hunt was a bit frustrating yesterday.  They all look like wigs.  LOL  Was hoping to find something that just looks normal.  I have a feeling I am going to be doing more of the scarf wrap thing.  Time will tell but I need to be ready here soon.
I'm so excited for the fundraisers, and I can not thank you all enough for your support.  The bills are pouring in weekly and every little bit helps, it really does!  There are things that are outside of my insurance coverage so having your support is helping me travel this path with less stress.  I love you so much for your prayers and support!!
With my cancer marker number down so low, I know God is listening to our prayers!!  That is a good sign of good things to come.  I'm VERY optimistic we'll get this tumor out of me in the Fall! and get this journey wrapped up for winter!  I can't wait to be cancer free!!
LIVE WITH PASSION ~ DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment