Friday, June 10, 2011

2nd Round of Happy Hour

Day started out early, for some reason my biological clock alarm is going off at 4 am now in the morning and suprisingly, there is just not that much to do at that hour of the day.  Guess I could start blogging at that time LOL
I felt good after taking care of the nose bleed leftovers from the night and got my morning Special K in me.  I have to eat whatever time I wake up to get rid of the nausea.  Special K is nice and bland and I eat the kind with little chunks of dark brown wax in them, oops I mean chocolate.  I think it's the same chocolate they use for Easter bunnies.  Which I have fond memories of but unless you go gourmet like Dilettante (my personal favorite) for Easter, theother chocolate is pretty nasty.  All in favor of that statement, say I ~ see I heard you all!
We got so lucky today on level 2 (chemo ward)...........there was a cancellation so we got into the chemo an hour earlier than scheduled.  It's amazing the work that goes into scheduling this.........a Dr. appt, blood draw and lab orders to pre-meds and then finally the ultimate moment ~ CHEMO TIME!  You actually have to say that to the tune of MC Hammer's HAMMERTIME! amd then it's funny.
They gave me a form to fill out that you have to answer all these specific questions on side effects and asks how you feel. I wrote "Feel like a rock star". LOL  That's my nickname on this floor.  Nobody has picked up on the DJ yet but I like Rock Star so I'm all good with it!
First cocktail was a BITCH to me today................she burned and burned all the way up my arm and I kept checking the bag to see how much time was left, and it was TOO much so buzzed the nurse.  She slowed the drip down and diluted with saline so that took the edge off.  Still painful but tolerable so cocktail #2 is now and no pain at all.  They give you the worst one first since it has the meanest side effects.  Weird that it didn't bother me at all last time...........but left arm and port is much lower.
We also got a treat today and got to meet with my Dr Picozzi who I ADORE!  We thought his was out today so it was nice to consult with him.  Possible medication changes up the road, but I have the next 5 visits all scheduled and Thursday is dedicate PURPLE DAY from this point forward!  You should check out my brother's sexy picture on my Cancer Diva Group page on facebook, he's all sporting a purple shirt and tie and looks HOT HOT HOT! Thank you big bro!!!!!!!!!
If any of you are on facebook, please friend me up if you haven't already and let me know you want in the group.  Valerie will post fundraisers and request for help there.  Please don't feel obligated but it's there if you want to participate.
We are still hammering out the date with Three Chicks Catering for the big event of the year fundraiser!  Would you still be able to come if it was labor day weekend, I want to schedule it so Ryan and Tanner can be here with rest of my family.
Tara Sorenson is handling the air miles and you can find her on my facebook friends if you would like to donate miles.........would love to get my brother and his family up here too for that event.
Thom and Sharon arrived last night and my parents came over and got to meet them..........we really had a nice vist.  And get this, Sharon had a main and pedi done for our trip in you guess it right! PURPLE!!
So we are matching sisters now too.  Just love them to pieces!!!
Dad and I have enjoyed a lovely picnic lunch prepared by MaMaLou!  Turkey Croissant, watermelon, hard boiled egg, veges & ranch, and of course my favorite chocolate chip cookies!!!  LIFE IS GOOD!!Thank you MaMaLou!!! Love you tons!!!!!!!!!
Tim and I head out for Lake Osoyoos for his 50th birthday weekend.........you can email him a happy birthday on Sunday if you'd like rmruner@hotmail.com is his email. I was thinking of putting that on a billboard but funds just wouldn't allow it.
Have yourself a GREAT weekend!!!!!!!  I am going to continue to chemo like a rock star! ~ LIVE WITH PASSION! ~ DJ

2 comments:

  1. Love the photo!
    Labor Day Wknd works for me.
    Hope you have a great trip. See you back at the grind on Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really are someone special! You always brightened my day in the office and now you're doing it from your blog. I am glad to hear you have been living it up with Tim in wine country. The best part is the purple teeth dont cost anything extra! Stick with that positive spirit - it's always been good on you! You'll be in my thoughts. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete