Thursday, June 23, 2011

Round III It's a wrap!

Well, this morning started out a little rough in the chemo department.  Nurse had a hard time finding a vein she could draw blood from.  She also convinced me too that since the last treatment hit a weak vein that caused the taxodene to leak and burn me (permanent scar now) that I NEED the port installed.  Needless to say the request is being processed for that surgery right away, hopefully before next week's cocktail.  Another advantage of the port is the taxodene won't burn going in.  I'm ready for the port!!!  At least I can say I tried the old fashioned way. 
I met with my vanity coach today too, and she taught me how to tie scarfs and wear and care for wigs.  I need to avoid heat so guess sitting on Salty's deck in the summer under one those heat lamps is out of the question without my hair melting. LOL  I'm excited to explore some new looks with wigs.  I'm even thinking of getting a Bo Derek braided wig for the fun of it, not in blond of course but the braid thang. LOL
THE BIG NEWS OF THE DAY IS MY CANCER MARKER NUMBER IS DOWN FROM 1050 TO 178 so that is a great sign that things are working and I should be on schedule and ready for surgery in 6 months!  YIPPIE.............my Dr came running in my room and gave me a high five when he got the news!
Goal is to have that number under 35. But dropping that much in 20 days is remarkable!!  YOUR PRAYERS ARE WORKING!!!!!!!!!
I was really tired after today, in fact fell asleep in the car on the way home so this treatment took a lot out of me.  We are mixing up my meds a bit to try and be more proactive about avoiding nausea so will see how we do this week. (fingers crossed)
We had a lovely dinner at my parents place tonight with comfort food, roasted chicken, macaroni and cheese, Caesar salad.................YUM and corn on the cob, a favorite of Tim's.  I can tell you how wonderful it is having my parents so close by and getting to see them every week.  I LOVE It!  MaMa Lou packed us another great lunch today for our date too.  She is the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!
Off to bed................LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!
LIVE WITH PASSION! ~ DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment