Sunday, June 5, 2011

Day of SUNNY rest

OK, now that we spent the day in the yard yesterday slaving over weeding the yard and planters, today we get to enjoy it!
We'll head up to Sears to grab a couple lounge chairs and then home to wash the convertible and rest rest rest!!!
I got some lovely cards in the mail yesterday that just made me smile from the inside out!  Some from work and with thoughts from all our agents.  Touched me so deeply.  It really is such a privilege to work around such an amazing bunch of people with such big hearts!  Not to mention all their wonderful real estate mojo! My boss Don has just been amazing during this whole process and beyond supportive.  His sense of humor keeps things light and his heart is bigger than life!
Nems from THREE CHICKS CATERING has offered up the Venue for our big fundraiser, and Shain and Shelley the karaoke/DJ for the night and between Ed and Keleen, I think we've got the wine so we're on a roll!  This will for sure be the funnest night of the year!  Together we will rock the night away and share lots of hugs! and dancing! and everyone will receive a purple wristband from me personally!  Dress code:  Purple of course!  No, it's not my favorite color (pink is) but I know it's the color for pancreas cancer awareness so purple it is!  I did give myself and mani and pedi last night so I've got my purple on!! 
There is so much concern about me getting sick and fear of any type of infection so I have opted to do my own nails and toes for this journey.  Just concerned about the sanitary conditions on the tools they use to cut, push, and scrape when doing my nails.  Besides, since I've moved I have not had my nails done so not committed to a salon yet.  I am trying to get in the habit also of washing my hands ALL the time.  The message I got loud and clear is my immune system, well, eventually I'm not going to have one so I need to avoid being around anyone that is sick, has the sniffles and even stay out of movie theatres!  Yea, guess I'm going to find out what it's like to be a germphobia gal. LOL
I do feel great again this morning..........mostly just dealing with the metal taste in my mouth, and of course the sensitivity to the sun but so far, I'm off to a great start!!.........just got off the phone with MamaLou (we spent the morning on the phone together).  It's so nice having family close by, it's just priceless!  There's always been so many miles between my parents and me and now they're just six miles up the road........priceless!!
Well, I'm going to head downstairs and wake Tim and up with some fresh coffee and chocolate chip pancakes on the griddle!  Then enjoy this gorgeous sunny day and all the new flowers I planted yesterday! 
Much love to all of you and thank you again so much for keeping me in your prayers, God IS listening and I believe he's right here helping every step of the way.  xoxoxo LIVE WITH PASSION~DJ

1 comment:

  1. I like to read your Cancer blog because you have such a positive attitude and a flair for writing. Maybe you should write a book. When I had Cancer, people kept giving me Cancer books; and alot of the books were very upsetting (made me cry). So I put them away. We could use an inspirational Cancer book by a woman. One book I did enjoy was "How to Prevent and Treat Cancer with Natural Medicine". It is about nutrition & supplements but something you would read after your treatments. Pray for you every night. (Jolene)

    ReplyDelete