Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Solstice Day

...and what a beautiful gorgeous day it is!!!!!  How awesome to wake up to sunshine!! and get to drive into work topless! (you all do know I drive a convertible, right?)
I feel amazing!!!!!!..........I don't even feel sick, I feel 99% normal and 1% metal mouth just not as strong as usual, this whole week out of the bar is NICE!!!!!!  However, back to happy hour with Daddy on Thursday.  I'm excited though I got to talk to my vanity coach today (Janet Bowman) and she is going to stop by and consult with me on Friday during my chemo.  Hoping we get this eyebrow thing resolved before I'm a bare naked alien. LOL
I decided to wear my hair down today and couldn't help but notice A LOT more hair loss than usual with the blow dryer and straightener.  I cleaned my brush BEFORE we started and had to do it again when I was all done, and the bathroom....YIKES, looked like I was in a hair pulling contest and the other person won.  ooops, so I made my wig fitting appointment for Friday at 1PM up at Overlake hospital.  This should be a riot!!  Me and a room full of hair, are you kidding me?  Good times!
We are gearing up at work for the big Summer Festival in West Seattle.  Lots of work into for 3 days of power packed people handshaking and a watchin'.  It's good for the area agents to go see and be seen there!
I got my new debit card today in the mail, was hoping for my head scarf but they just mailed it yesterday.  Did I mention I lack some patience?
If you get one thing out of today's post, it's this.  DON'T PUT YOUR LIFE ON AUTO PILOT!  You miss ALL the fun that way!  Live your life with some intention and purpose!  Don't just sit back and wait for life to happen to you, go out and happen to your life!  Damn it! LOL  We live in the most beautiful state in the country and we take it for granted.......days like today are the days you really need to go out and LIVE LIVE LIVE like you mean it!!!!!  We are all so lucky to be alive.  I say we, because if you are reading this, you must be alive BUT you might just be flying under the radar in auto pilot.  STOP IT!!  SMILE and count your blessings starting with the first one, you got to wake up today!
My sons are all set to arrive on July 1st, I can hardly wait to see them again.  Having my family with me on this journey is priceless, but having family period is priceless so don't take yours for granted.  OK?  Hug them today like you never have before. 
LIVE WITH PASSION! ~DJ

1 comment:

  1. Well if we could have that sunshine weather everyday or at least during summer I would love Seattle too! Glad you are feeling good....keep having great days! Love, Pamela XOXO

    ReplyDelete