Thursday, June 2, 2011

SAVE THE DATE! ~ July 8th

We chicks have July 8th reserved as a girls get together at Val's house in Browns Point for some Booze and BLING.  Terrie has kindly donated her time and profits to my cause and I just know we'll all have a wonderful time!  More details to follow on our facebook group page.  Honestly, I don't know about the booze part, I just made that up LOL  but am sure we'll have some wine and munchies!!   I'm really excited and looking forward to seeing everyone, and the weather should be wonderful under their new outdoor living room!!  I can't have any alcohol on this journey but a virgin margarita might do me some good. LOL
Surrendering into the pain in my mouth and going to the dentist today.  UGH!  If you know me, you know that's one of my phobias but Janice and the team there make it as pleasant as possible.  I really think it's my sinus's though, not teeth.  Dad even thought it might be stress.  It all started after I started taking sleeping pills so I didn't take them last night and don't have the pain today???  Hmm, connection? coincidence? inquiring minds want to know.
I am really anxious for my first chemo treatment tomorrow (you know, so that I know exactly what to expect on all the future ones).  I'm going to bake cookies tonight (my favorite, chocolate chip) and put together a little snack pack to go with my books and laptop. I'll have my Dad with me and Tim will meet us there at some point too.  I am drinking LOTS of water today to hydrate my veins and get them all ready for their big day tomorrow. LOL  Dad and I have lots of Dad/Daughter dates ahead that I just know we will treasure forever.  My Dad has not lived near me most of my life and we have maintained a roller coaster relationship across the miles for years.  Since Mom died though, we have been closer than ever and he's really been a wonderful Dad to me.  My mother was amazing so I know he's doing his best to fill that void in my life (a part of me died with her-it changes you forever).  Most of us take our parents for granted when they live so close by, so Tim and I both are going to savor Dad and MamaLou residing 6 miles up the road from us.  This journey is not as scary having them so close by. Plus they are a hoot to be around and entertain with!
Sun Sun Sun is on it's way this weekend!  We are planning to get the yard in shape, flowers planted, get some patio furniture and get our outdoor game on!! (fingers crossed)
I still have this dang big ol' bump on my belly.  Looks like I swallowed a walnut and it got stuck right above my belly button. LOL  I'd certainly be a good candidate for the next Alien movie! LOL
I sure hope those 100 purple wristbands are waiting for me on our front porch when I get home today.........they just can't get here quick enough.  Did I mention I don't have any patience??  Speaking of purple....time for some purple nails and toes!  OH YEA ~ I'm getting my purple on!! LIVE WITH PASSION ~ DJ

1 comment:

  1. Dawn: Our love and prayers as you begin your cancer treatment. The following is a Catholic novena to St. Peregrine, who is the patron saint of cancer patients. You will be in our thoughts all day. Linda and Kevin

    Novena to St. Peregrine Laziosi, the patron saint of cancer patients . . .

    Glorious wonder-worker, St. Peregrine, you answered the divine call with a ready spirit, and forsook all the comforts of a life of ease and all the empty honors of the world to dedicate yourself to God in the Order of His holy Mother.

    You labored manfully for the salvation of souls. In union with Jesus crucified, you endured painful sufferings with such patience as to deserve to be healed miraculously of an incurable cancer in your leg by a touch of His divine hand.

    Obtain for Dawn the grace to answer every call of God and to fulfill His will in all the events of life. Enkindle in her heart a consuming zeal for the salvation of all men. Deliver her from the infirmity that afflicts her body, pancreatic cancer.

    St. Peregrine, pray for Dawn and for all who invoke your aid.

    Amen

    ReplyDelete