Friday, July 15, 2011

skpshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..........

THAT's the sound of me opening a can whip-ass on cancer.  We are elated that my cancer marker came down from 178 to 21.5 yesterday!  Talk about that light at the end of the tunnel getting brighter!  I need to wear shades now!

I am feeling well, have all my prescriptions filled, have a happy pharmacy to do business with and I start hypnosis tomorrow with Alicia Talley of Hypnotherapy.  She's helped me so much in the past with the challenges of my last divorce and I know she'll get me in full harmony with my chemotherapy.  I'm excited to have her love, help and support on this journey, what a blessing!

I am also really excited to take the leap and attend a group class for women going through chemo and receive some professional training on all the physical changes we go through on this journey.  I have not wanted to be around anyone with cancer, but with this last side affect of the over tearing of the eyes, I'm ready to see how others are dealing with the disconnect of who they see in the mirror every morning.  Am sure I will learn lots in this 2 hour work shop over at Providence Cancer center and hopefully make some beautiful friends along the way.

No big weekend plans other that resting and letting my batteries recharge for the following work week.  Busy trying to financially plan this journey out to the end of the year.  My last chemo session is on Nov. 3rd with the 10th being another CT scan, full xrays and blood work up.  They want a 4 week gap between my last chemo and surgery so that puts my earliest potential surgery date as December 1st, however Picozzi said that is negotiable.  However, for insurance reasons I need to work a few days in December before surgery and we are all just hoping and praying that Dr. Ryan works in December.  I will call him after the results of my CT scan scheduled on July 28th hopefully with the good news that my tumor is operable so I can get on his December schedule.  It's stressful trying to plan this out financially plus December is the best time to be off work for a month, nobody will miss me!  I'm doomed if Dr. Ryan pushes this into January.  Pray! Pray! Pray!

I bought a diuretic today.  I've never taken one before and hope that maybe since the tearing is caused from water rentention that the tears will stop when I take the diuretic.  It's worth a try.  I gained 6 lbs in water weight in a week!!!!!  EEWWWWWWWWWW!  Feels like I'm 6 months pregos!  LOL

We finally have the www.CancerDiva.com website up and live so you can go online and volunteer or order your tickets.  Space is limited so HURRY!  They are $50 pp and that includes dinner, spirits, music, dancing, karaoke, silent auction and dessert auction!  FUN TIMES ahead Oct. 7th at the Venue!  If you have a business to promote, sign up to be wine, beer, or bottled water sponsor.  You are also welcome to donate anything to the silent auction!

Let the Auction begin! Today we are auctioning off Mariners Tickets! 1 set of 2 tickets to Sunday August 28, 2011 Section 125 Row 13 Seats 5 & 6 vs Chicago White Sox. A VIP parking pass is included!! (at least $20 value). Tickets are currently being sold on Mariners.com for $69.12 ea (plus $7 fees ea). They are excellent seats, behind/to the right of home base; only 13 rows back! Highest bidder.

Hope you all have a fantabulous weekend!  Make it memorable! LIVE WITH PASSION! 
DJ 

No comments:

Post a Comment