Monday, July 18, 2011

Amazing what we take for granted....

My workshop went so-so today.  There were only 4 other women with cancer in there, two nice instructors, and two of the other cancer patients had friends with them.  It was weird.  It was like pulling teeth to carry a conversation with any of them, I guess they were not ready to talk or make friends.  I quickly learned everyone has their own unique journey with cancer and handles communication quite differently.  That includes me.  I didn't learn anything new but got a few skin care items that I'll use.  Most of the make up would not work for my skin tone even though I selected the medium one.  I came out looking more  like a clown since the colors were all off. LOL  It was free what can I say?

We took my parents to the Southern Kitchen in Tacoma last night for dinner so they could enjoy some a southern home cooked meal for a change that they would not have to cook.  Tim found it on Diner, Drives, and Dives with Guy.  I thought is was as good as it could have been with my metal mouth but the wait was long and parents were not convinced any of it was from scratch. LOL  I ate too much and my tummy has still be trying to recover.  I have to eat tiny tiny meals or my stomach can't digest the food.  High maintenance.  UGH

I am overwhelmed at what we take for granted every day like eating.  We just take for granted when we drink a cup of coffee that it will taste like coffee, chicken chicken, chocolate chocolate or whatever.............I am telling you it is WEIRD not being able to taste the taste of real food, good or bad.  Washing your food down with dimes is so gross!  I really look forward to food and beverages tasting like they should again.  Water is the toughest and that is why I went to hypnosis, to help me get over that.  Now trying to convince myself that all water taste like cranberry juice.  I heart cranberry juice with no sugar added, not the flavored ones, just the straight up cranberry tart stuff!

Sun is out and so I'm going to cut this short and go for a walk, I think it will do me some good!
LIVE WITH PASSION AND SAVOR YOU FOOD! YOU ARE BLESSED!
DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment