Monday, July 11, 2011

Side Effects......

....OK, this new side affect of over tearing of the eyes is REDONKULOUS!  In fact, I didn't believe it when the nurse told me there is nothing I could do, that this is a typical side affect from the Taxodene......  I'm beginning to think rat poisoning would be easier on my system than this taxodene is.  GEEZ!  I think my lash girl told me the nickname for Taxodene is Red Devil.........DUH!!!!!

My eyes have been crying not stop since Sunday to the point that I don't even look like me anymore.  WHO TOOK MY EYES?   lol  I am not sure I can take this for more days let alone months.....are  you kidding me?  I'm learning (one side affect at a time) that it's the ones that affect you visually not just physically that are the most disturbing.  I'm really not liking mirrors, not that they've always been my best friend because I'm so fat in them, but now they are just down right evil!

Like I was saying, I didn't beleive the nurse so I googled my way to the truth.  Which is........(insert drum roll here).  There is nothing for taxodene tears.  I'm going to try cucumbers and more sleep which she said might help since I'm getting only a few hours a day.  Yep, time to double up on the Ambien since it's not working at all for me now.

I also don't like my hands peeling........when do the symptoms stop popping up?  I'm going to look like a super alien but the end of these chemo treatments.  I think at least 3 layers of my face came off in the shower this morning......I kept rubbing and rubbing and peeling and peeling.........I'm not even using a scrub or a washcloth (not suppose too, now I know why LOL).

This is me whining showing my human side............I have to vent in here.  Not every moment is an inspiration, sometimes they're just moments.  And they ain't always pretty.  LOL

The crazy in all this is it's just pissing me off now.  The tears are causing road rage.  Drivers are irritating me now.  What used to roll off my sleeve now gets under my skin in the car.............just because I'm crying all the time??????  Drivers beware of a raging red convertible coming at you in your review mirror if you are not using you blinker and driving friendly.  I have cancer and it may as well be a shot gun LOL 

I thought a little shopping might make me feel better.......this is what I came out of Safeway with, and now that I'm home, it all sounds terrible...........vinegar salt pringles, vinegar salt lays, flat pretzels, round pretzels, super crunchy peanut butter, pomegranate pop sickles, acai berry pop sickles, velveeta mac & cheese, blue cheese chucks, ground turkey for lord only knows what for?????, and a dark recees.  LOL  Obviously, NOT the diet of champions!  OH, and I've decided to take a break from my Special K chocolate and see how I do with Cinnamon toast crunch.  LOL  I think cereal is the ONLY thing that tastes even close to what it should taste like and sometimes peanut butter does.  Imagine food with NO salt whatsoever.........bland and metal.............eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww!  That's what I taste, even toothpaste taste horrible.  I keep forgetting to get some cinnamon gum though..........that might be helpful.

I'm all done venting.................going to go have a Pringle moment now.
LIVE WITH PASSION ~ DJ

1 comment:

  1. Vent all you want, Dawn. This is the place for it. Besides, anger isn't always a bad thing; it can be a great energizer, so long as you don't hurt anyone ;)

    ReplyDelete