Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Fatigue...............not a fashion statement.

There are moments that seem so overwhelming.  I have expected to be tired on this  journey.  People have even used the word "getting a dose of fatigue" when referring to chemo.  However, this is way more than I signed up for. LOL  I am so high energy that I just assumed I'd be affected by maybe half of what most people are.  Boy was I wrong.  I mean my legs and knees are feeling funny like it is a major workout for me to just get up and down stairs now.  This is what it must feel like to be 100 years old!  only problem here, I'm only 48.  LOL

I am not sure if I should be resting so that I can savage the energy up to use eating utensils or be forcing myself to work out and walk around the block each day.  What if atrophy sets in?  then what? 

There is not enough moisturizer on the planet to get my skin through this.............I wish there was one magic brand that did the trick.  LOL  I heard watercress nuts are good for your skin so am going to start eating them LOL  I get the "you are what you eat" so I'm trying to eat healthier.  But in the meantime, I just wish I could have a day here and there where my skin was not all swollen and peeling and the eyes could rest from tearing up all day long............just a little break in the cycle. LOL

I have discovered Gatorade taste good so now I can get some fluids through me and hopefully flush the chemo through my system more quickly and efficiently.  I get overwhelmed when I think I've got chemo until Nov. 3rd.  That is just a lifetime away with these daily side affects.  I'm thinking Gaterade in a champagne flute taste even better! LOL

My goal is to focus on August.............and August only.  It's a long month, but it's finally summer here so everyone should be happier.  I can't go out and enjoy the sun but am happy for all of you that can.  Don't put off enjoying today just because you think tomorrow you can.  Today really is a gift.............it might be the best of what you have so make it so!  Love more today!  Laugh more today!
and share yourself with others in any way that you can.  For God sake, don't sweat the small stuff...........................today is YOUR day!  SAVOR IT!
LIVE WITH PASSION!
DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment