Sunday, August 14, 2011

a nice weekend....

It has really been a nice weekend off from the office, I do have to admit!  We got to spend a beautiful Saturday with friends on their boats yesterday (THANK YOU GARY & LUDIE, SHANE & TANJA!) It was the perfect day for me in a long time.  Got to get out of the house and out of my lazy rut but yet enjoy a relaxing day with great friends and enjoy the sunshine for a change.  It was just perfect and what the Dr. ordered!  Love to you all so much for being so patient with me and getting me back to the car so I could sleep in my own bed at night.  xoxoxxxo

Today, I got to do a final walk thru with my niece and Kyle, her husband and see the Jump's again in their new soon to be house in Buckley.  Always a treat getting to see them, my niece just rocks this world!  especially mine, she's such a beautiful person.  I'm so proud of the women she's grown up to be!!!!!!  Love her to pieces.  They brought me back a beautiful glass blown fish wine stopper that I can't wait to use when I'm back off the wine wagon. LOL  Darn I miss my wine but the New Year and the New me will be here before we know it! 

Tim and I ran errands most the day, and although my face is swollen up like a balloon and look awful, we've got a lot done today!!  I'm exhausted so taking it easy the rest of the night.  Also have a lot of bloating today too.  I'm out of the steroids which I usually take 4 days after chemo to control the swelling and redness so will fill that prescription up in the morning once I get to the office.  Keep getting little sores in my mouth too, one goes away, then a new pops up but nothing like what I had a few weeks ago so I'm not going to complain, I can manage one or two at a time.  LOL  It's the mouthful that went into overdrive. 

I can't get over how blessed we are to have such great friends.........everyone is so kind too, calling me beautiful and gorgeous when I know I look really scary.  It is just so sweet of everyone to be so incredibly kind during this tough journey.

I am grateful to have this week off chemo so I can recover some of my energy which got zapped again this week.  The vitamins are certainly helping but I feel the fatigue a lot too since chemo on Thursday.  I must be the luckiest cancer patient in the world to get a week off chemo every month, I don't think I could handle anymore than what I'm doing right now...............that week off is always my salvation and keeps me going.

Hope you all are having a blessed day!  LIVE WITH PASSION!
DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment