Friday, June 22, 2012

Your true self

The mirror simply reflects the person you see whereas humilty reflects the person that you are.  You can quote me on that!
I have been so deeply touched by the outpouring of messages from so many of you and to say they bring me joy would be a great understatement.
Try not to take advantage of any moment you have to tell someone how special they are to you because sadly we all run out of time.
I had a very hard time today......never made it out of my night shirt.  I am counting down the days and hours until tuesday when hopefully we can put an end to all this pain with my first chemo treatment.  Oh i know suffering will follow but I am better prepared this time.........although still scared.
I reflected today on what it has been like not having my mother for the past 13 years and it reminded me to stay strong so Ryan and Tanner don't have to know that feeling.
I got a few clothes packed but not really anything productive today. Lol. Sometimes it is easier to try and sleep thru the discomfort.  Really hoping things get better next week.
I am so fortunate to have you all in my corner.  I spend a lot of time thinking about you and how blessed my life is with you in it.  I love that so many of my friends have become friends with each other...............just shows how wonderful you all are. 
Off to an early bed time............xoxoxox
Live with Passion
DJ

3 comments:

  1. Rest well you will need it:)
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep your heart strong you have so many friends with you on your journey. And try to keep that beautiful smile and the greatest Dimples on earth going strong.

    Lance,

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know you are a strong woman, Dawn!!! You are an amazing step mom, keep your head up! I have many prayers for you and many more coming your way!

    xoxo
    Taylor

    ReplyDelete