Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Friendship

One of the most amazing things happened today.  One of my best friends...Sandy came over and spent the entire day with me.........just talking and going through every single thing I own to allocate it to someone in my will.  I can only imagine how hard that must have been spending the day with me planning my ending..........all the way down to the music playlist for my celebration of life party once I am gone.  She kept her composure and we reflected on many funny memories.  Sometimes we think the things around us are just things...........but for me there is a memory attached to almost everything I own.  I wish I could leave something for everyone but it is my hope you will take and keep the best part of me with each of you always...........as the best of you is part of me that I get to take with me.
While it is overwhelming to think we can change the world.........but you can easily change someone's world by just being kind.......please always give the best of you and expect the best in others and then together we can change the world.
I don't know if I spend more time in a day fighting for my life or begging God for a second chance.  I am confused as to who is really in charge now..........me or God?  Still no response from the pastor I emailed so maybe that is a sign he is not the right person to talk too???
I sure wish I knew back in my 20's what I know now........I think everyone's life would be richer if they could spend quality time with someone who is dying before their time.......I get that live like you're dying statement by James Dean. 
You all have blessed me so much......my life has been filled with so much laughter and joy.  I want so many more funny moments.  Thank you for being you......for being who you are when you are with me. 
Please share my blog with anyone you think might enjoy it......you don't have to know me to be able to learn with me on this journey. OK?  We can laugh and cry together and just grow together.
I love you Sandy......more than you will ever know.  You have never once complained about my rollercoaster ride of a life and you have embraced the drama queen within me and helped me contain it so we could always laugh at it. Lol. Please get my tiarra from Jesica and plop that thing on top of a big chocolate cake for me at the end would ya?  It just would not be a dawn party without bling lol
A weight was lifted off of me today and I feel I can spend more of my energy on my health.........it was a beautiful day.
Live with Passion
DJ

2 comments:

  1. Dawn.....you have found the state of GRACE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And people always wondered why I was a wild child....I firmly believed in that statement that is why I love that song so much "If today was you last day". HUGS Dawn I will laugh out loud as much as possible:)
    Kim

    ReplyDelete