Saturday, June 2, 2012

Now that the news has marinated...

I am kepping in really positive spirits.  That does not mean there is not a part of me that is scared.  I just know we all come with an expiration date, unfortunately we don't when that is so I cannot afford to waste a day feeling worried or allowing the fear to consume me.

Last night at Relay for Life was incredible.  I was overwhelmed with the amount of support from friends and family.  Just another reminder of how truly blessed I am.  Also reminded me of just how much I love public speaking.  It was such an honor to be the survivor speaker, no words can express that feeling.  And beautiful Erika gave me a lovely introduction that just about had me in tears.  Thank you Erika!!

Here's a picture of me with my medal which I will always treasure!


I could not believe how many strangers were coming up and hugging me both after my speech and survivor lap.  That is the true feeling of joyful tears.  They were thanking me when I felt I wanted to thank them. LOL  Again, my hat goes off to all the survivors, their caregivers and the volunteers that make Relay for Life happen.  I know I would not be alive today if it were not for donation dollars that allowed researchers to develop the two chemo treatments that shrunk my tumor enough to make it operable.

I will post my speech on here as soon as Sandy emails it to me and I get in on utube.  Will be funny to watch myself. LOL

I have decided to really make getting my book published a priority so am actively looking for a literary agent that can get it published with one of the big guns such as Putnam.  I definately do not want to self publish, I have bigger expectations than that! LOL

Please have an incredible day..........and it's up to you to make it one!
LIVE WITH PASSION!
DJ


No comments:

Post a Comment