Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The perfect day

Have you ever woke up to start your day and expected it to be perfect?  Of course not..........we might expect to have a great day because of a vacation or time out from the realities of life but its crazy to imagine the perfect day all the way down to the tiniest detail.  But a perfect day can happen whether you believe it or not.
I woke up sunday expecting to spend a great day with the man I love but it was unusual to wake up and not be sick.  I took full advantage of the beautiful morning and jumped in the hot tub with Tim.  It was my first time in a tub since getting my dr. Permission over a month ago.  Although I am not allowed in a public tub I had the greenlight to sit in a well cared for private tub.  Tim sits in it almost daily.  I savored the jets beating into my frozen shoulder and words can not describe how therapuetic it was.  It was the perfect morning.  Tim sipping his coffee and us enjoying much needed quality time together.
The day was hot and sunny yet enough breeze to keep me cooled down.  We drove to seattle waterfront and headed to fulfill one of my bucket list items and ride the great wheel of seattle...........just as we got in front of the wheel a gal pulled out and we slid the truck right in.  It was better than handicapped parking I just was in ahhhhhhh.
We got in line and I just enjoyed the ability to stand in line and exchange chats with the couple in front of us.  I was so proud to stand about 30 min or more and get to the front of the line.  Trust me you cannot appreciate standing in line until you are confined to a bed and toilet.  I was joyed beyond measure.
Then they opened up bubble #13 my lucky number and in we jumped with the nice couple ahead of us.  As we enjoyed the ride we learned they were celebrating her bday which was the following day.  I insisted on taking a lot of pictures of them so they would remember the special occassion.
Tim gets his daughter on the phone so she can enjoy the ride with us.  The view was priceless and I was just in heavon savoring not feeling sick.  At the top of the wheel Tim askes me if I am going to beat this cancer and I replied with enthusiasm of course I am and he pulls out a ring and says because I want to be with you a very very long time.  With tears of joy I put the ring on and felt like the luckiest girl in the world with a million reasons to live sitting right next to me.  It was a great day on the great wheel.
We proceeded to west seattle for dinner on the water and I am on such a cloud I can barely speak.........just such a beautiful day.  We headed into the restauruant to be surprised with my best friends who were very instrumental in making this engagement a dream come true.  Champagne which I was not drinking was flowing and we all shared a toast to this crazy little thing called love.
To be surrounded by so much love on such a perfect day down to the tiniest detail was just incredible........made me realize how much of the tiny detials we do take for granted in a day.  Sometimes its those little things that add up at the end of the day that make it perfect.  Why we spend so much thought into what went wrong in a day is so senseless.
I am on this journey for a reason.  A reason bigger than you and me but meant just as much for you as it is me.  I am sharing as much as I can all the good the bad and the ugly as I can so you can learn with me.
So stop and think about what is perfect about your day and it will astound you what you learn.
I am the luckiest girl you know despite cancer........remember that be happy!
LIVE WITH PASSION!
DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment