Friday, September 30, 2011

Big Ol' Crocodile Tears

We had a HUGE breakthrough yesterday at the hospital!!  After the results of my tests were in Dr. P told us that I am now a surgical candidate!!!!!!!!!!  It was really an emotional moment.  Even though I knew I would get to this point, a part of me feared the what if I don't. This is living proof in the power of prayer.  I am so blessed to have so many people praying for my full recovery!!

I also got to meet a very lovely woman about 20 years older than me that has just completed her journey with cancer.  It happens to be the SAME one I'm on.  Same 6 months of chemo, same cocktails, same Dr. and same Whipple surgery.  She was only 3 weeks out of surgery and although she was walking with a cane, she looked and sounded wonderful and CANCER FREE.She told me the surgery although brutal was not as bad as she thought it was going to be...................how encouraging is that??????????

All I have to do is survive this next six weeks of chemo.  I know this will not be easy, I am already so weak and have nausea almost everyday but I know now I can do this.  I'm missing more work than I had planned but they are being supportive and understanding. I'm going to break this down into bite size pieces and focus on one week at a time starting on Monday.  I'm going to rest up this weekend and hope to work a full week next week.

Tim is back in town and all tan so he's not helping my ego at all.............now I look like an albino next to him. LOL  Hey, albino's need love too. LOL  It's awesome having Dad back in town too.  We have already enjoyed our few days together and look forward to all the time together ahead of us on this journey.  He gives me strength. 

MaMaLou on the other hand needs your prayers...........she fell and broke her shoulder so in Alabama on the mend.  Has to wear a trainer for 3 weeks and then go it for check up.  I miss her too and hope she's back in November once her shoulder is healed.  Like me, she's a tough cookie and will get thru this.

Again, thank you to all my angles out there!!!!!!!  We did it!
LIVE WITH PASSION
DJ

1 comment:

  1. Oh no poor MAMA LOU! Sorry I haven't been on I lost the website in my emails I accidentally deleted it. I had to scroll to the bottom of your page to find...persistence...lol
    That's great news about the other lady glad to hear more people are surviving this my doctor told me how invasive this surgery is and how long it takes to recover...just think once your done you will have new hair, nails, skin and no tumor...you will be a new and improved Dawn:)
    Love ya missy!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete