Friday, September 9, 2011

2 Points for Chemo..... 0 for Dawn

It has been a L O N G week since chemo on the 1st.  That Round 2 hit me like a Mack truck at a nascar race.  I seriously had no idea I would ever get that sick.  Don't get me wrong, I have had my fair share of side effects and whined about them all!  but this put things in a different perspective.  You'll know longer see me complaining about the physical affects anymore, as now I know I need to be grateful for the ability to eat and digest food properly.  I went a number of days without eating, but could keep some little fluids down and Tim finally took charge and made me eat chicken noodle soup and he didn't care which end it might come out of, he was getting nutrition in me.  Nor did he care about what I thought tasted good or not.  I got so weak and eventually a fever hit (FEVER = VERY DANGEROUS ZONE WHEN YOU ARE ON CHEMO) but Tim nursed me thru it and the fever actually broke this morning some time.  I feel much better.

Yesterday at the office, Barb J. brought me chicken noodle soup which SAVED me!  It was just what I needed to finish up my days work.  I felt a ton better after eating it! I am staying on the liquid diet for awhile just to be sure my system is rested and healed.  Somewhere along the way, my pancreas got really pissed off!

You know I'm sick if I don't post an update on my cancer diva group on facebook.  I appreciate all the support, the messages, the texts and THANK YOU KEVIN AN LINDA FOR THE PURPLE CARE PACKAGE. I got it yesterday. 

I can't even begin to express how guilty I feel whining about nails, Asian Puff Fish, metal mouth, or all the other physical stuff I've developed since being on chemo.  Having been so wiped out, and so sick this week I realize I need to be thankful for having my insides healthy enough that I can function almost normally.  I'm fine eating mini meals, heck; I'm fine eating just liquids, but being zapped by the chemo demon like I was this week is NOT OK.  No matter how grateful we all are, seems there is always something we are overlooking to be grateful for.

I don't know how future week #2's are going to unravel now but let's just say this past week put the fear of God in me.  LOL  Someone suggested just relaxing so I am thinking bubble baths are in my near future and I'm going to drink my Gatorade or juice out of my blingy champagne flute.........yes the famous ONE.  LOL  If you don't know the story to that, please see me in person and I'll explain, it's a good one!

Looks like MY BIG FAT PURPLE BENEFIT is going to be moved to end of January and to a facility further north to accommodate more people and get this baby switched to a Saturday rather than a Friday night.  Please stand by for more details as they are determined..........Val and Sharon are looking for ideas for locations between Federal Way and Tukwila.

So where's the lesson in all this.................????  Grab your journal and make a list of all those things that you really need to be grateful for that allow you to LIVE your life day to day.............a healthy heart, healthy bones, healthy stomach, etc. and remember it's up to YOU to have a healthy attitude!  But this should help you get started!

I've had a lot of people ask me what I can eat so here's a list of some things I think taste good and feel good eating................I call them my comfort foods,  Sweets are the worse tasting of anything so I have been avoiding them.
  • Pretzels
  • Macaroni & Cheese
  • Chicken Noodle Soup
  • Pink Grapefruit
  • Taco Time's White Chicken Chili
  • Starbucks unsweetened Passion IceTea
  • Qdoba naked chicken queso burrito w/black beans & pica de gayo
  • Diet Lime Coke
  • Unsweetened Ice Tea
  • Lemon/Lime Gaterade
  • Emerald City Smoothie chocolate LEAN OUT
LIVE WITH PASSION!
DJ

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Dawn!

    So glad to read that you are over the worst of this last session of chemo. I'm sure that everyone, like me, feels sad when there isn't a new entry in your blog. It sort of signals that you are really under the weather.

    Also glad to hear that the benefit has been moved back a few months. How about a Valentine's benefit, where all of your supporters could SHARE THE LOVE?!!

    I thought you would appreciate the use of the word "dawn" in the following prayer for the sick:

    "Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard."

    Isaiah 58:8

    My prayers and love to you today!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete