Thursday, December 27, 2012

Eating or Indulging?

OMG I can not believe how much I have already learned about diet and nutrition.  Since my whipple surgery just a year ago I have had to adjust my diet to 5 or 6 mini meals a day.  Seriously, if I eat more then one cup of food  I get terribly sick and end up throwing up.  Since this second tumor I am having a hard time even with those quantities.  Digesting anything is a major task for my body.  Needless to say I have a loss of appetite.
I am often shocked at the size of our meals!!!!!!  Geez everything is supersized.  When we eat out I get at least 3 to 4 meals out of my one single dinner.  It all makes sense now why most of us are over weight. LOL
I have a new mindset.  A new me!!  I now am eating to save my life.........eating for me is no longer an indulgence.  I can not afford that anymore.  I have been researching the natural foods that are the highest in antioxidants and those that have studies to support that they fight cancer.  I believe the chemo and radiation have jumpstarted me to a possible longer life but it is up to me to feed my body with exclusively healthy choices.
I do not want to overload you with data but do want to share what I learn in tidbits so hopefully you will remember them.
I have put together a list of the top 30 foods that are loaded with antioxidants and help reduce free radicals.  I also have researched the top supplements to fight cancer and then researched the top foods to find those supplements.  It is amazing how God has given us so much from the earth to keep us healthy.........yet we suck the nutrition of out of almost everything and then turn around and buy a pill to get the vitamin and minerals we need.  I am determined to take less pills!!
I hope you all know by now that the FDA suggested requirements do not mean shit.  That is simply the bare minimum you need for your body to survive.........you will find that to actually be healthy and fight off major diseases such as cancer you better take in a hell of a lot more than the bare minimum.  Some vitamins and minerals are dangerous in too high of levels so do your homework.
I have cancer....an inoperatable tumor wrapped around a main artery.  My diagnosis??  Death.  However, I want to prove that I can beat that redundant five year benchmark for pancreatic cancer.  I am over a year an a half so hope to squeeze a good quality three and half more years of LIVING.
So something I found interesting was selinium.  It came up as a supplement so I had it on my health store list of things to pick up until I read about brazil nuts.  I only need to eat two brazil nuts a day to get the dosage I need to reduce free radicals and kick this tumor's ass!!  I was thrilled that I did not need to take a pill..........just eat two nuts a day!!  I hope you will think about taking two a day with me.
Jump on this band wagaon with me and lets eat to save all our lives.  Throttle back on your portion sizes...eat more frequently...and choose to only put foods in your body that will fight off cancer.  Say Bye to velveeta and hello vida loca!!
Honestly I can not believe how easy this paradigm shift is....what are you willing to do to save your life??  Please do not wait until your body has a tumor or other disease.
I am looking forward to sharing my knowledge and even better my positive results.  I will understand if you can not buy into this just yet and need to see how I beat cancer thru diet...nutrition...and excercise.  Lots of good stuff ahead of us.
Transitioning from a processed junkie to 80 percent of my food intake being raw organic from the earth is a big deal!!  We all know how few fruit n veges I eat but I am drawn to them when I learn what they do......I mean really two nuts a day??  How easy is that?
Next stop...blueberries!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LIVE WITH PASSION!
DJ

1 comment: