Friday, December 21, 2012

Not all cancer is created equal

Is it just me or do you think it is alarmingly odd that something as common as cancer is not contageous?  Marinate on that thought for awhile and hopefully it will encourage you to think twice before putting something in your body...and be more aware of what you expose it too.  Seriously I am beginning to think there is more stuff out there that causes cancer than doesn't.  I am not saying we need to live in fear of cancer but we should be much more conscience of preventing it.
I had a very intersting meeting on Wednesday after radiation with Gina...my cancer advocate from the American Caner Society.  I made a confession to her out loud that I want to share with you.  I do not know if it is normal for most cancer patients to feel this way but sometimes I get jealous of other cancer survivors and even patients!!  For example...I met a much older gentleman downstairs in radiation that is on the Virginia Mason radiation/chemo combo from hell treatment. He shared his story and from diagnosis to whipple surgery was 2 weeks!!!  He was doing the combo pack as part of his after treatment and expected to do well from that point on.  I felt cheated that both my tumors have been attached to main arteries so not operable at diagnosis.  I am also jealous of breast cancer and all the money they raise and the awareness for early detection...not to mention everybody like boobies.  There is just nothing sexy about the pancreas.  In fact most people probably do not even know what it does.  I am on a mission to beat the shit out of this second tumor so I can be a voice for pancreatic cancer!!  Both my tumors were found in the month of May...I love May and cinco de mayo but wonder now is it going to be.."Here some chips n salsa and some cancer to go along with that".  I do not know if I am just in denial but there just has to be a bigger reason and picture for this double wammy with cancer and I think it is to be a voice for pancreatic cancer.
I joke around a lot about my tumor and refer to it as my roomate that I will be living with the rest of my life.  It was uninvited by me personally but for some reason my body just let her come on in and make herself at home. LOL. We need to name her...I prefer PJ but am open to suggestions.  Then peeps can just ask me how PJ is doing and I can respond accordingly.  She is a moody bitch I will tell you that right now!! Imagine if you had a tempermental uninvited guest move into your house!!
So on a more informative note...Dr. B is going to look into possibly increasing the radiation dosage daily in an effort to help make it more effective towards my goal.  However, he has to be careful not to put more toxins in my body than I can handle.  I have no idea how he figures all that out but will keep you posted as I learn more. 
Please continue to pray for my miracle........I need PJ to unwrap herself from my artery so Dr. B can go in and surgically remove her.  You are all angels to me holding my hand on this journey.
LIVE WITH PASSION!
DJ

1 comment:

  1. Hugs Dawn xoxox

    I bekieve there are foods that will feed cancer so you are choosing the right track!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete