Monday, October 29, 2012

To my friends

I am not sure where to start with this message but something inside of me for my friends has to get out.
It was the end of 1996 and I was going thru a divorce...closing a 15 year chapter of my life.  It was hard but even harder for my sons but we got thru it.  It was during that time that I made a very clear choice to do some house cleaning and eliminate all the negative energy in my life.  Moving forward I decided to only surround myself with positive energy and people that bring out the best in me...not the worse.
I am so grateful for making that decision because it has led me to this very moment.  I am at the worse point in my life right now......nothing I have had to go thru has been as huge as fighting for my life. Nothing is this scary because failure means death.  That does not leave me with alot of choices.  You all see so much strength in me and the faith you have has made me realize I am you.  Whether you remember me from 3rd grade or from recent years...you have touched me and a part of you is in me.  It is all you that make me............me.  I need to thank you for giving me the best of you. 
I made the right choice back in 96 and am so blessed to have had soooo much love in my life.  I just can not thank you enough for being my friend.  I do not know how to say goodbye and although I am always trying to learn and grow but saying goodbye to you is not something I want to have to learn.  Seeing myself thru your eyes keeps me going day after day.
Oh I know I have lived a dramatic life but you have loved the drama queen and my journeys.  One thing is for sure you can never say I was boring LOL. You have not once laughed at me but always laughed with me.  You never put me down and always lifted me up. 
I am certain I have the best friends on earth.  I hope you know the difference you have made in my life.  I can't imagine my life without you in it.  Cancer has made me very aware of who my friends are and just how terrific you are.
I love you!!
Always your friend
DJ

3 comments:

  1. Wow...I'm not sure how I made it here to your blog but I'm here and I have to say that your strength and courage in this horrific battle you're fighting is no less than amazing. I used to work at PIC (the receptionist) and you would always come breezing in the door, full of smiles and life and boundless energy to boot!
    I'm so very sorry that you've had to deal with this awful battle, but I have no doubt that your optimistic, positive outlook as gotten you this far, where others might simply have given up. I'm going to pray for you every day and I send you love, peace and healing vibes! Robyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. xoxoxoxoxo

    Its never goodbye its until we meet again on the other side:)
    You have and are always an inspiration Dawn!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn, none of us remain the same after meeting/knowing you. You are precious. You are in all of us. Extreme circumstances give us the opportunity to show our true character. You, my dear, are extrordinary. I can only hope that if faced with a similar challenge, I could face it with at least hsld the grace snd humilty you've shown. You must perserver. The world needs to read the success story (in book form) of the LIFE of Dawn Jump! Live you, AnnMichelle

    ReplyDelete