Thursday, February 28, 2013

What's so special about girls?

WOW I can not believe it has been almost a month since I have poured my heart out on my blog.  I have been distracted with life...mine in particular.
My stomach pain started creeping back early in the month and just progressively got worse.  I have tried to hide it...even tried to pretend that it doesn't hurt.  However, it gets so bad that it makes me even more sick and I end up throwing up.  I am trying to control it with pain medication (oxycotin) and although that helps a little, the pain still controls me not me controlling the pain yet.  As a result, Dr P has moved my check up from March 28th to March 5th.  Yes I will be back in the hospital Tuesday for blood work, xrays, and ct scan.  Perhaps something there will explain my pain and better guide us to get it under control.
I am super excited for a day with some girlfriends tomorrow. They are taking me to the Northwest Women's Show. Sharon, the office manager sent me a complimentary ticket.  How sweet was that??  One of the biggest challenges in battling cancer for me has been losing so many of the physical joys of being a girl.  This show is an opportunity for me to get lost in all things girly for an afternoon and pretend like I do not have cancer.  I am too ill to walk the entire show and I do not want to miss a thing so the girls are going to take turns pushing me in the wheelchair.
I was touched to tears to learn of a charity at the show that helps terminal cancer patients 19 or older.  They kind of pick up where the Make a Wish Foundation leaves off.  The founder Amanda Reynolds reached out to me and I am super excited to meet her in person.  The charity www.AllAboutHope.us is worth checking out and supporting.  I am sure I will be their biggest fan and advocate with what time I have left.
I love love love being a girl and all the amazing and beautiful girls in my life.  My girlfriends are the wind beneath my wings. They have helped me soar on this journey with cancer and they always remind me how tough I am when it's time to fight. 
Last year I fought that pancreatic tumor with every ounce of me and I won.....although the victory was a short one.  I won.  This second tumor came at a time when I was so weak from battle that now I am just learning to dance with cancer.  It is such a different journey.
I am going back home...home as in my roots.  I am going to spend the month of April with my family in Alabama.  This will most likely be my last trip home so it is all about quality time with my dear redneck family.  Tim is even going to join us for a few days and learn what it's like to be a redneck. LOL
Girls make the world go round...boys just fix it when it breaks.
LIVE WITH PASSION!
DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment