Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Keep on Moving!!

I am not even going to beat around the bush on this point.  I can honestly tell you that it is so much easier to KEEP moving than it is to stop and try and restart moving.  I think this not only applies to your physically moving but can apply to any area of your life.........even love.  Think about it!!!
As I am venturing back into the gym to try and build some muscle, strength, and indurance I realize this is incredibly hard and painful.  We take for granted our ability to walk from point A to point B until we can no longer do it.........for me just getting through a grocery store to shop is a major and painful task.  I know it will get better though.......but only if I keep the momentum going.  Laying around all day although it feels good and is easy is hurting me more and more......just like the longer you wait to get your personal goals in motion the harder it will be with eaching passing day by doing nothing.
I am up to 30 minutes on the treadmill plus up to 2.4 mph.  It hurts so much and I block out the pain with music.  I can barely step off the treadmill by myself when I am done but I know my body is healing thru the pain.
Tim is right there by my side...coaching, cheering and personal training.  I know nobody wants to see me healthier and happier than he does.  Figure out who your biggest fan is and let them help you with your goal.......whatever that might be.
With new health insurance that took affect on Jan 1st came the need for a new family doctor.  I am so blessed I got a referral from one of my best friends, Dr. Gonzalez.  I met her for the first time today.  I actually felt embarrased going into the appointment.  So many health issues as a result of these past couple years....just felt like I was 90 years old, not 50.  She really made me comfortable and my fears and reservations went right out the door.  I quickly realized I have an advocate that is extremely supportive with a genuine desire to help me on this journey as much as she can.  I feel like a weight has lifted off my shoulders!!  I have met the perfect person to help guide me and coach with the time I have left.  She is certainly one of my many angels!!
I really had a good day today......much better than I had expected.  We sometimes forget life throws us a good pitch from time to time too. Remember to be grateful!!!
LIVE WITH PASSION!
DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment