Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

I am blessed beyond measure!  The friends and even strangers that have come to help me during this hard fight is just astonishing.  I pray for the day I am healthy enough and financially able to give back ten fold all that has beeb blessed upon me.  I have learned so much from your generosity.  Thank you!!  I truly hope you and your families are enjoying a healthy and blessed holiday.
Well Monday was the start of my phase 2 of treatment.  Jackie has been so kind to allocate the next 5 or so Mondays to driving me and spending 8 hours at the hospital.  I thought the day went pretty good until things took a turn on the drive home.  I started to get the chills and a horrible splitting headache......then had to run thru the door once we hit the driveway to go throw up which continued every couple hours well into Tuesday morning.  They pump you up with so many fluids so you have to pee every couple hours anyway so sleeping is not an option.  They gave me 3 ltrs of fluids....cisplatin...and an interferon shot before radiation.  The interferon shot is every Mon Wed and Fri.  It gives you all the flu like symptoms.  I actually thought it would be a couple weeks before I felt any side affects........Dr. B told me to lower my expectations and warned me it is going to get worse.  He also explained since I am so high energy this will be harder for me thanit is for others.  That made sense to me.
The radiation part is easy.......just have to lay in the exact same position each day and the process takes under 15 mins.  With my frozen shoulder it is hard for me to raise my arms to hold onto the handle bars but I am trying to excercise it numerous times a day as not to create a problem for radiology.  When I say you have to be in same position each day...I mean EXACT same position.  They even rubberband your feet together so you can not move.  I will get a picture of this and post it.
I honestly can not imagine being so sick for the next 6 weeks...it overwhelmes me.  I am staying focused on today and doing what I need to do to make today a success............this is really one day at a time.
Thank you Angela and Shelley for being my Tuesday girls..Sandy for Wednesdays...Jesica for Thursdays and GG and Terri for fridays.  I have my pink bucket to commute with in case I get sick. LOL
I am certainly not feeling my best...already tired of carrying the chemo pack around 24_7 but am grateful to have this day off from treatment.  Tim is amazing and helping me eat a little and drink so I do not get dehydrated.  I have a rough road but still soooo much to be grateful for.
Much love and God Bless you and your families!!
LIVE WITH PASSION!
DJ

1 comment:

  1. Wow...I have no words except that I'm sorry...I pray that this 6 weeks goes by quickly and that you can enjoy the holidays with your family.
    Kim
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete