Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Humility

Although my entire journey with cancer has been very humbling yesterday at chemo took it to a new level.  Humility.
I didnt feel real good going into chemo to start with but expected a smooth and uneventful treatment.
The part I hate the most is popping six pills before they hook me up as I take five pills before I even leave the house in the morning.  I do not like taking any kind of pills.....never have.
Well chemo seem to be going fine until about half way through the process I stood up to go to the bathroom when I lost complete control of my bowels........the gas just fourced dierhea right out of me.......yes I shit my pants right there in front of my best friend.  I got to the bathroom and continued with diarhea and then when it stopped I stripped from the waste down and wash myself and pants in the sink.  I walked out half naked and so embarrased.  I ask the nurse for some hospital jamies and she brought me a pair of scrubs so at least I could finish my treatment with some dignity.  Chemo definately beat me yesterday but the good news is I am beating cancer!  My marker is down to 44.  I still have all October with chemo with plans to spend November in daily radiation with FU5 chemo pushes. 
I am anxious to get all this behind me once again so I can live a beautiful life and start knocking out those things on my bucket list!!
Remember humility is just a reminder to be humble. 
LIVE WITH PASSION!
DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment